As part of our list of resources for the highly sensitive person, we have a section featuring notable people doing notable work for the highly sensitive community.
Dr. Judith Orloff, the author of The Empath’s Survival Guide, is one such notable person.
And in this post, you’ll get to meet her, browse some of her resources for HSPs, and know her a little better.
If you don’t already.
Let’s Meet Dr. Orloff
Dr. Judith Orloff is an empath, intuitive healer, psychologist, speaker, and bestselling author. As a Psychologist, she specializes in treating highly sensitive people and empaths.
And in her treatments, Dr. Orloff is known to integrate traditional medicine with the latest knowledge of intuition, energy, and spirituality.
She believes that:
We are keepers of an innate intuitive intelligence so perceptive that it can tell us how to heal — and prevent — illness. Yet intuition and spirituality are the very aspects of our wisdom usually disenfranchised from traditional health care.
And according to her website, Dr. Orloff has been called “the godmother of the empath movement”, “the positive energy guru”, and “a prominent energy-based healer”.
What would YOU call her?
Resources for the Highly Sensitive Person by Dr. Judith Orloff
As you explore these resources, please remember that not all highly sensitive people identify as empaths. But all empaths are highly sensitive people.
So there’s a chance you might not find this list of HSP resources by Dr. Orloff relatable. If that happens, feel free to abandon this post and find another resource specific to HSPs.
Let’s dive in. (And FYI, It’s a long list)
Dr. Judith Orloff has written at least 8 books. Three of these are specific to empaths, while the other 5 aren’t. However, they do address challenges that empaths and highly sensitive people go through, so we made the choice to include them.
Here are the books:
- The Empath’s Survival Guide: Life Strategies for Sensitive People
- The Empath’s Empowerment Journal
- Thriving as an Empath: 365 Days of Self-Care for Sensitive People
- Second Sight
- Guide to Intuitive Healing
- Positive Energy
- Emotional Freedom
- The Power of Surrender
2. Card Decks
Who doesn’t love some good card decks?
Especially ones that provide daily inspiration, guidance, meditative reflections, and in-the-moment support?
That’s what these card decks are about.
- The Power of Surrender Cards – A 52 card deck to transform your life by letting go
- The Empath’s Empowerment Deck: 52 Cards to guide and inspire sensitive people (Launching in November. Pre-Order available).
3. Online Courses
- Awakening Your Intuitive Healing Power
- Healing the Toxic Attraction Between Empaths and Narcissists
- Become an Intuitive Healer
- Techniques for empaths to strengthen their intuition & Protect their energy
- Self-care practices for Empaths
- The Empath’s Survival Guide Online Course (as seen in the image below)
4. Digital Downloads
If you prefer a resource you can download, access offline, and take with you wherever you go, Dr. Judith Orloff has a collection of PDFs and Audios to choose from.
- Self-Care Practices for Empaths & Sensitive People (PDF)
- Life Strategies for Sensitive People (PDF)
- How to Stop Absorbing Other People’s Energy (Audio)
- How to Stay Positive in Times of Uncertainty (Audio)
- 5 Steps to Intuitive Decision Making (Video)
- Emotional Freedom Self Quiz
5. Audio Programmes
This is an extended section of the audio resources above. Read through to see which title resonates, and then visit Judith Orloff’s website for details and access.
- Essential Tools for Empaths
- Becoming an Intuitive Healer
- Awakening Second Sight
- Meditations to Experience The Power of Surrender
- Positive Energy Practices
In the End
We thought Julie Bjelland has a ton of resources for highly sensitive people. Now we think Dr. Judith Orloff has tons and tons of resources for empaths and highly sensitive people.
In fact, we initially wanted to link to each resource. But when we got a glimpse of how many resources we were going to be linking to, we decided against it.
To access all HSP resources by Dr. Judith Orloff, visit her website here. And be warned, it’s quite the ‘rabbit hole’.