My job at HSP Tools is to share resources for the Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) as soon as I find them. I conduct due diligence to ensure the tools I post on the website are legit, valuable, and current.
So when someone asks me to recommend the best resources for a Highly Sensitive Person, I never know where to start.
It’s not easy to provide recommendations without asking follow-up questions.
So, in this post, I am doing the next best thing – sharing my list of top resources for the Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) based on their category.
P.S. This post first appeared in our newsletter. Sign up today to receive the latest news, events and resources for Highly Sensitive People (HSPs). In your inbox twice a week – Monday and Friday.
Top Resources for the Highly Sensitive Person
- Top Books for the Highly Sensitive Person
- Top Blogs for the Highly Sensitive Person
- Top Communities for the Highly Sensitive Person
- Top Online Courses for Highly Sensitive People
- Top 5 Free Masterclasses for Highly Sensitive People
- Highly Sensitive People to Follow and Learn From
- Top Podcasts for the Highly Sensitive Person
- Top 5 Quotes for the Highly Sensitive Person
- Top Quizzes for the Highly Sensitive Person
- Final Word on Resources for the Highly Sensitive Person
- Free Resources Featured in February
This list will share top recommendations under the following categories:
- Free Masterclasses
I will share five entries per category. Let me know if there’s a resource for HSPs you would like to add.
Top Books for the Highly Sensitive Person
Are you looking for books to read about the Highly Sensitive Person (HSP)? In this category of resources for the Highly Sensitive Person, I share the top five books about the HSP trait.
- The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You by Dr. Elaine N. Aron
- Sensitive: The Hidden Power of the Highly Sensitive Person in a Loud, Fast, Too-Much World by Jenn Granneman and Andre Sólo.
- The Highly Sensitive Man: How Mastering Natural Instincts, Ethics, and Empathy Can Enrich Men’s Lives and the Lives of Those Who Love Them by Tom Falkenstein.
- Thrill! The High Sensation Seeking Highly Sensitive Person by Tracy Cooper, PhD.
- Making Work Work for the Highly Sensitive Person by Barrie Jaeger
Top Blogs for the Highly Sensitive Person
If you love learning by reading blog posts addressing particular issues affecting Highly Sensitive People (HSPs), these five resources for the Highly Sensitive Person will help.
- Highly Sensitive Refuge by Jenn Granneman and Andre Sólo.
- HSP Journey by Lauren Hunter
- HiSensitives by Ann-Kathrin and Riny van Tiggelen
- The Sensitive Man by William B. Allen
- The HSP Blog by Julie Bjelland
Top Communities for the Highly Sensitive Person
If there were a social network exclusive to Highly Sensitive People (HSPs), I would join it in a heartbeat. But I have yet to find one, so I’ll stick to support groups inside available networks and those on the outside.
My top HSP communities are as follows:
- The Sensitive Empowerment Community by Julie Bjelland
- Are You Highly Sensitive (AYHS) by Alane Freund
- The Haven by Andy Mort
- The HSP Men’s Group by William Allen
- Highly Sensitive People (on Facebook)
- Highly Sensitive Refuge (on Facebook)
Top Online Courses for Highly Sensitive People
I might be a little biased with my selection for this category of resources for the Highly Sensitive Person. Please bear with me as I familiarize myself with more online courses for HSPs.
- Blooming Brilliantly – This course will help you to set healthy boundaries, develop self-compassion, and protect your energy so you can learn to thrive as an HSP.
- Brain Training for the Highly Sensitive Person – If you struggle with anxiety and overwhelming emotions, this 8-week online course is for you.
- The HSP Toolbox – Discover holistic tools to help you calm a sensitive nervous system and live in alignment as an HSP.
- Grow a Heart-Centered Online Business You Love – Want to create a business that honours your traits as a Highly Sensitive Person? Take this online course.
- Your Self-Discovery Journey – Imagine embarking on a self-discovery journey with an HSP expert as your guide. That’s what you get in this online course.
Top 5 Free Masterclasses for Highly Sensitive People
With many free masterclasses aimed at selling online courses, books, or other products, finding those with pure value can be difficult. But they do exist, and this category of resources for the Highly Sensitive Person shares five.
- Understanding the Highly Sensitive Person by Alane Freund
- High Sensitivity and Anxiety by Julie Bjelland
- How to Conquer High-Functioning Anxiety and Excel in Your Industry by Dr. Michaela Dunbar.
- Tools to Help the Sensitive Thrive in a Chaotic World by Julie Bjelland.
- Sensory Overload and the Highly Sensitive Person by Julie Bjelland.
Highly Sensitive People to Follow and Learn From
This category shares my five favourite and go-to people when finding resources for the Highly Sensitive Person. They are active (or somewhat active) across all social platforms and share HSP resources on their websites.
They are also easily accessible if you have questions or need help with a specific issue.
- Alane Freund – licensed therapist and an International Consultant on High Sensitivity (ICHS).
- Julie Bjelland – a Psychotherapist specializing in High Sensitivity.
- Tracy Cooper, PhD – an International Consultant on High Sensitivity (ICHS) and advocate for Highly Sensitive People (HSP) and High Sensation Seekers (HSS).
- Jules De Vitto – a Transformational Coach and Trainer for Highly Sensitive People (HSPs).
- April Snow – a Psychotherapist, Author, and Consultant for Highly Sensitive People and Therapists.
P.S. Dr. Elaine N. Aron is still a powerhouse in the HSP industry. But she will not always be available, and what you can do is learn from her research.
Top Podcasts for the Highly Sensitive Person
Is listening to podcasts your favourite way of learning and taking in information? In this section, discover the five podcasts I recommend in this list of top resources for the Highly Sensitive Person (HSP).
The podcasts are available for all audiences via your favourite listening platform.
- Unapologetically Sensitive by Patricia Young
- The High Sensory People Podcast with Jane & Elisha
- The HSP Podcast with Julie Bjelland
- The HSP Connection with Philippa Robinson & Robbie Leigh
- The On Call Empath by Raj Montage
Top 5 Quotes for the Highly Sensitive Person
I have more favourite quotes for Highly Sensitive People (HSPs) than the five in this category. I only picked the five because this post only lists five resources for the Highly Sensitive Person in every category.
Please check this post for more HSP quotes to inspire, educate and motivate you on your journey to thriving as an HSP.
- “HSPs tend to fill that advisor role. We are the writers, historians, philosophers, judges, artists, researchers, theologians, therapists, teachers, parents, and plain conscientious citizens.”– Dr. Elaine N. Aron.
- “To perform our role well, we have to feel very good about ourselves. We have to ignore all the messages from the warriors that we are not as good as they are. The warriors have their bold style, which has its value. But we, too, have our style and our own important contribution to make.”- Dr. Elaine N. Aron.
- “As a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP), your brain is like a supercomputer with an extra sixth sense. This offers some wonderful strengths, but also often causes feelings of being overwhelmed and depleted.” – Julie Bjelland.
- “Before I knew about this trait of High Sensitivity, I walked around the world feeling like my sensitivity was a weakness and experienced high levels of anxiety and depression. I felt different and misunderstood – like there was something wrong with me.” – Julie Bjelland.
- “Sensitive people like a slower pace of life. We like pondering all our options before making a decision and regularly reflecting on our experiences.” – Jenn Granneman.
Again, I have more quotes about being sensitive in my collection. These are the few I could pick for this post.
Top Quizzes for the Highly Sensitive Person
I will start this section with the three HSP tests I recommend to test for High Sensitivity. And then, I will share two other quizzes I have found helpful in complementing these three HSP tests.
Of course, you might not like these resources for the Highly Sensitive Person, but I will share them anyway because I believe in them.
- The Original HSP Test by Dr. Elaine N. Aron
- The Sensitivity Quiz by Julie Bjelland
- The HSP Adult Test by Sensitivity Research
- Is Overthinking Sabotaging Your Success? by Dr Michaela Dunbar
- The Four Tendencies Quiz by Gretchen Rubin
Final Word on Resources for the Highly Sensitive Person
These are the HSP resources I share today. Tomorrow, this list of recommended resources for the Highly Sensitive Person might be too extensive to keep up with.
Either way, I hope whoever reads this post is confident enough to reach out for more recommendations about Highly Sensitive People (HSPs). Sharing HSP resources is my passion, and I hope to reach millions of HSPs worldwide.
Free Resources Featured in February
- Learn the 6 energy systems that govern your well-being – a free 60-minute workshop with Prune Harris, an energy expert and the author of Your Radiant Soul: Understand Your Energy to Transform Your World.
- Start & Grow a Heart-Centered Online Business You Love – Free 1hr HSP Masterclass with Julie Bjelland, a Psychotherapist specializing in High Sensitivity.
- Deep dive into the Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) trait – Free 50-minute talk by Alane Freund, an International Consultant on High Sensitivity.